|Nature Knows Best|
|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||November 3, 2010|
|Produced by|| Nick Park|
|Directed by||Merlin Crossingham|
Reach for the Sky
Wallace and Gromit explore the wonders of the natural world, and look at inventions inspired by Mother Nature. They visit some incredible flying penguins and other elegant Manta Ray-inspired robots at Festo in Germany and visit Namibia, where scientists are studying the intricate structures of termite mounds to create self-cooling houses of the future. In Holland, they meet the brilliant sculptor Theo Jansen as he demonstrates his latest amazing contraption, the Animaris Siamesis. But Wallace's invention, the Jumbo-Generator -which was used to power the studio- is wrecked (due to its power source, an elephant named Kevin, going after Wallace's iced buns).
- 1. Marine biology into technology
- 2. Insect-powered machines
- 3. Inventor of the Week: Theo Jansen
- 4. Curiosity Corner: Termites
- 5. Contraption Countdown: Top 5 animal-inspired inventions
- 6. It Never Got Off The Drawing Board: Artificial gills.
|Season 1 episodes:
|Nature Knows Best | Reach for the Sky | Home Sweet Home|
|Come to Your Senses | Better Safe Than Sorry | From A to B|