|From A to B|
|Season 1, Episode 6|
|Air date||December 8, 2010|
|Produced by|| Nick Park|
|Directed by||Merlin Crossingham|
Better Safe Than Sorry
From A to B is the sixth and final episode in season 1 of the BBC One series Wallace & Gromit's World of Invention.
Wallace and Gromit explore incredible transportation inventions from around the globe. In the 'Contraption Countdown' the focus is on peculiar transport devices, and the duo find out how to cross the River Thames in a plastic bag. They discover the intention behind laser propulsion in the creation of flying saucer technology, and meet Cedric Lynch, an illustrious engineer who invented electric tricycles. Wallace also invents a runabout steam chair to get around, but it overloads in the end and falls apart. Wallace though doesn't let it go to waste and repurposes it as a dual water boiler and oven.
- 1. Mini-sub (Note: Mikhail Puchkov is the only guest who doesn't speak English so a translator had to talk for him)
- 2. Electric motors
- 3. Contraption Countdown: Top 6 unusual methods of transport
- 4. Curiosity Corner: Lightcrafts
- 5. Inventor of the Week: Sir Clive Sinclair
- 6. It Never Got Off The Drawing Board: Brunel's atmospheric railway.
|Season 1 episodes:
|Nature Knows Best | Reach for the Sky | Home Sweet Home|
|Come to Your Senses | Better Safe Than Sorry | From A to B|